How To Fix A Collar That Will Not Charge or Power On
To fix a collar that will not charge:
- Inspect the charging clip and AC adapter or vehicle power cable for any damage and replace if necessary
- Try removing and reconnecting the charging clip to the collar
- Make sure the charging contacts are clean and dry
- Refer to the video below for general collar cleaning instructions:
To fix a collar that will not power on:
- Press and hold the power button for up to 60 seconds
- Make sure the battery is charged
- Attempt to power the collar on while connected to a power source
- If the collar powers on, leave it plugged in to charge the battery
- If the collar powers off immediately when disconnected after attempting to charge, the battery may need to be replaced.
- Replacement batteries can be purchased from us.
To fix a collar that will not power off or shows a solid red light:
- Press and hold the power button for up to 60 seconds.
- Charge the battery for 3 hours.
- Master Reset the dog device.
- For steps on resetting your collar, click here
If the collar is a GPS tracking collar, you will want to make sure the collar is on the latest software version.
- For steps to installing software updates click here
To prevent future battery related issues, refer to the related content for proper storage techniques.