If the T 5, TT 10 or TT 15 collar is failing to operate as expected, corrupt data may be the cause. Performing a master reset will reset the collar to factory settings and clear data, resolving these issues.
To perform a master reset*:
- Ensure the device is powered off
- Connect charging clip to collar
- Connect USB cable to collar
- Connect USB cable to power source (computer or AC wall adapter)
- Ensure collar light is active to confirm connection
- Firmly press the Power button 4 times (each button press should produce a quiet tone from the collar)
- Wait for light to turn green then red
- Disconnect USB cable and charging clip from collar
The collar has now been reset and is ready for use. If the collar did not reset you may want to try the sequence again and ensure you are hearing the quiet tone after each button press. After the reset, it may be necessary to leave the device outside with a clear view of the sky for 20 minutes to acquire satellites.
*While it is safe to perform a master reset on a Mac with these collars, it is not safe to update the software on Mac. Please update the software of the collars using a Windows based computer. For instructions on updating collars, see related content.